This week Indigo class have been helping Mr Forgetful to remember the names of 3D shapes. They have also been trying to get better at describing, comparing and sorting them in different ways!
The Mr Men are getting ready for the Summer holidays so the children have been researching maps and atlases to help them decide where to go! Some children even made their own watercolour maps, remembering to label the 7 continents and 5 oceans!
Of course the Mr Men will need some relaxing music to listen to as they travel! We have been experimenting with the musical instruments and writing graphic scores. There has been some terrific team work and fabulous performances this week!
Mr Jelly is terrified of EVERYTHING! He's not sure about leaving his house empty whilst he's away so the children have been helping to make him an alarm system by using electric circuits and buzzers! As the children explored they noticed that some of the buzzers were far too quiet to make a good alarm, so they decided to made a doorbell for Mr Quiet too!
Next week we will be...
* Rehearsing lots for our end of year performance of 'Matilda'!
* Retelling the story of Matilda through small world and using the Learnpads to create an animation!
* Learning to do tricky number sentences in our head, just like Matilda!
* Measuring out ingredients for Bruce Bogtrotter's cake
* Exploring lots a Roald Dahl books and writing book reviews for Matilda
* Painting in the style of Quentin Blake