This week Diamond Dave noticed some mysterious things around the school. A huge footprint, a very large egg and something very suspicious in the sky...
We examined the evidence and decided that a deceitful, daunting dragon was on the loose! We set to work straight away designing and making some incredible dragon traps (thank you parents for all the fab junk modelling things!). We investigated how using a pulley mechanism can help you to lift really heavy things and then decided to use a pulley in our models!
We even went on a hunt around the school to see what other clues we might find. We spotted lots!
As quick as a flash, we dashed back to class to write up our explanations for how our dragon traps work so we could give them to Diamond Dave! We recorded our explanations on the learn pads too!
Next week we will be...
* Finding out about real dragons around the world (komodo dragons, bearded dragons etc.)
* Sketching and labelling dragons
* Writing our own dragon fact files
* Solving problems using division
* Creating a winter display for our corridor