Finally, after learning lots about archery, we thought about a weapon used in castles long, long ago that we have just LOVED learning about - the trebuchet! The children had a go at making their own using marshmallows and skewers...but that got a bit messy and kept falling apart! We thought about how we could make our trebuchets more secure and then, once we were happy with our structures, we had a scientific experiment to see which objects we could launch the furthest!
Well done on a wonderful week of learning Indigo Class!
Next week we will be...
* Receiving a special invitation to a royal banquet with some exciting challenges to complete!
* Meeting some birds of prey!
* Drawing our own number lines to help us with adding
* Improving our ball skills in a game of handball
* Following a tasty recipe and observing how the ingredients start to change as we cook