We safely stored our luggage, fastened our seatbelts and even ordered in-flight meals for our imaginary aeroplane trip! The children were so excited and talked about all of the things we could see from our windows ... we spotted vicious jaguars chasing toucans when we flew over the Amazon rainforest, we saw the Statue of Liberty standing proudly in New York and one child even saw an elephant flying gracefully through the sky! After we chatted about our strange sightings the children wrote some very imaginative recounts of our trip!
Indigo Class also took an imaginary flight to Mecca in Saudi Arabia and learned about why Muslims go on the Hajj pilgrimage. They loved looking at all of the things that are special to Muslims! We compared Islam to what we already know about Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism and also discussed our own beliefs. We decided it would be a very boring world if we were all the same!
Next week we will be...
* Visiting Birmingham Airport! (Children need school uniform and a packed lunch please!)
* Writing a recount about our trip
* Interviewing a real life pilot!
* Finding out about Amelia Earhart
* Using algorithms to program aeroplanes around the world
* Making our own aircrafts
* Solving missing number problems
* Practising paired balancing in Gymnastics